The iRobot Roomba 980 is among the best robot vacuum cleaner options on the market. While nothing is perfect, this is about as close to perfection as you are likely to get from the iRobot brand at this moment in time. However, as good as this model is, what’ the major reasons why you should be looking to use the 980 over, say, the 960?
- The use of the iRobot HOME app makes sure you can easily set up cleaning plans, preferences and controls to help get the cleaning done for you coming home from work without having to work around your iRobot Roomba 980.
- Top quality navigation is the standard for the 980, as this model can easily use Visual Localization to get around the floor with the absolute minimum of fuss time and time again. A fine choice of model for anyone who is serious about using a model that can move around the floor regardless of terrain.
- 120 minutes running time keeps this easy to use, with automated recharging and cleaning to help complete the previous job is part of the experience.
- AeroForce cleaning makes sure you can see up to 10x of the suction power that is normally provided on carpets and rugs. This helps to get them super smooth, comfortable and free of even the most rugged and stuck-in materials.
- Extractors help to make sure that the system never becomes increasingly jammed or filled with garbage as time goes on.
- 9 x 13.9 x 3.6” size makes it easy to get around the place without having to worry about it getting stuck.
Like all iRobot products, you must buy from an affiliated and accepted vendor. The iRobot Roomba 980 Vacuum comes with a 1-year, limited warranty for parts only, including the battery.
Warranty, so long as you buy from the right location, provides comprehensive coverage and makes sure you never need to worry about your system breaking down. A fine choice for anyone who would like a warranty that is comprehensive.
- A very convenient and powerful model, this delivers a very efficient vacuuming performance that can get even the stodgiest of floors clean again.
- Great for manual vacuuming to help make sure you can avoid having to do it yourself daily.
- Very powerful and easy to navigate, this gets into tough areas and cleans them out without any issues.
- Easy to maintain and keep in good shape as the years go by.
- Sometimes can get a bit thrown by black carpets and dark flooring, which can cause the poor robot to repeat itself.
- Also, the Roomba 980 can find it hard to get back to ‘base’ after prolonged usage.
A top quality vacuum that’s more than worth your time, you should find that this offers you a very reliable model to go for over alternatives. With 10x power compared to the near-priced 960s 5x suction power, you can get double the power for less than a quarter of the price extra.
Add in that you can get 5x suction with the Roomba 890, anyway, at $200 less, and it’s easy to see why if you truly want more power it makes sense to turn to the 980.