Are you thinking about investing in a new vacuum cleaner? Then it is time to learn a bit about what dust busters can do the job that you need.
With so many vacuum cleaners available on the market today, it is so hard to pick the right one. On the other hand, all considerations about bells and whistles aside, your choices nowadays will generally come down to one thing.
Will it be bagged or bagless?
Which is the best? Read on to know their differences. It is actually quite an important distinction to make if you are looking to really make the best purchase that you can.
The Cost Counts
Price is without a doubt the first concern in the shoppers’ mind and, honestly, bagged vacuum cleaners are usually cheaper. If you are buying a bagged vacuum cleaner that is more expensive than a bagless one of similar size, it’s probably got more features and extra bells and whistles attached.
You can buy bagged vacuum cleaners for around $49.99 brand new, off the shelf. A bagless one, as you will see below, is much more expensive even at average levels.
These types of vacuum cleaners utilize bags that are normally attached to the back of the handle to store dirt, dust as well as debris. The bags range in price from $2-4; it all depends on which vacuum you have. Once the bag is full, you just detach it and throw it out. However, as anyone with any experience will know, changing a vacuum cleaner bag could be a dirty and grimy affair!
Bagless dust busters, then, avoid such mess. On the other hand, they are a bit more expensive to purchase in the start which naturally slows down your chances of picking one up.
Base models of bagless vacuums could be bought for approximately $80.00 and don’t need the use and changing of a bag. They are not maintenance free either, so don’t be surprised if it stops working quickly if you fail to take care of it.
A lot of bagless vacuums available come with a filter, or filter system, which needs occasional cleaning and eventually changing. This isn’t something that you should ignore, as losing your filtration takes away one of the most important reasons for using a tool like this in the first place.
On the other hand, the main issue of bagless is the cost. Filters are available from $19.99 to $39.99; it depends on the model. Luckily, most filters will last in many fills of the canister and might just need to be changed once a year, if even that frequently. The more you take care of your vacuum cleaner, the less likely it is that such breaks will take place.
Other Critical Considerations
- Of course, there are other essential considerations, which come into play when selecting between a bagged or bagless system.
- For instance, convenience. Emptying the canister of bagless systems is far and away simpler, as well as more convenient compared to detaching a bag.
- Bags can be messy affairs, and if opened the wrong way can leave you with a whole vacuuming job to do once again.
- For asthmatics and members of the family suffering allergies, a bagless vacuum cleaner is the safest option – it’s far less likely to re-introduce allergens and dust into the air.
- As stated above, the changing of a bag could release a fair amount of dirt and dust into the atmosphere, which is a big no-no for people have respiratory issues.
- How efficient and safe is a bagless vacuum cleaner? This is apparently a selling point as many bagless vacuum cleaners will get rid of 99% of allergens and dust from the air.
- Make sure any cleaner that you can buy ensures this is the case. The main benefit of bagless systems is the lack of mess in the air; so make the most of that.
Which kind of vacuum cleaner must you purchase?
So, now you know what to look out for, it might be worthwhile paying attention to the decision that you are going to be making.
Perhaps it will boil down to personal preference and convenience – we all have our own preferences when it comes to tidying up. Do you prefer raw power? Or mobility?
For a lot of people, the $30 jump in cost from a bagged vacuum cleaner to bagless vacuum cleaners might seem more reasonable, once you consider the benefits which come with bagless vacuum cleaners. There is no bag to change, and the most important thing is that you will have fresh and clean air at all times.
On the other hand, when budget concerns are top in your considerations, the conventional bag vacuum cleaner might just be the most excellent option. Be sure to take all of the above into consideration, though, so that you can feel at peace with your choice each time.
It’s better to be 100% certain than investing quickly and having regrets, so take your time, look around, and make the decision based on the factors above.