The iRobot Roomba 890 Vacuum gets a lot of positive mentions when it comes to the world of robot vacuum cleaners. Developed by a team of specialists in the cleaning industry, the 890 gets a lot of feedback thanks to its universally easy management and simplistic control style making it very easy to get to grips with.
How good is it, though, when compared to some of the other models on the market presently?
- Simple to control, the Roomba 890 comes with an app-controlled cleaning environment that allows you to control the vacuum without really having to do anything yourself.
- Easy scheduling for cleaning to make sure that the job is done long before you come home from work thanks to compatibility with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistance making control simple.
- 3-stage cleaning system helps to move dirt, lit it from the ground and get rid of any visibility of the dirt thanks to the 5x air power.
- Deals with a whopping 99% of the allergens, pollen and pollutants in the air making sure that you can make use of the HEPA filter inside to keep your home free from dirt, mess and germs.
- Intelligent sensory tools help to make sure this can skirt around the house without getting in the way of anything or anyone, making it great for those who are at home while it works.
Like any iRobot product, the iRobot Roomba 890 Vacuum comes with a 1-year, limited warranty for parts only, including the battery. You absolutely need to make sure that you buy from an authorized iRobot seller, especially if buying online. Buying from a source that cannot be verified will see your warranty voided immediately.
The warranty covers all domestic usage, making sure that it can work just as you would have expected along the way. Just don’t expect it to cover commercial use!
- The Roomba 890 immediately impressed thanks to the great price cost. It’s very affordable.
- Simple app control makes it easy to move around the house without worrying about smashing, damaging or breaking anyway while you work.
- Smart rubber brushes avoid tangles and problems with performance, ensuring it’s easier to maintain and keep perfect control of.
- Great for handling problems beard hair and pet hair; lift it right from the floor, even from the most miniscule of locations.
- Wi-Fi connection is very meh. It cuts off regularly and this can make using the app a bit of a chore if you don’t have pristine connectivity.
- With 60 minutes of running time means it’s a bit limited in terms of cleaning performance even at full charge.
- The 5x suction power is easily defeated by some models on the market that don’t even cost too much more in terms of the price.
The Roomba 890 Robotic Vacuum is a fine starting place for anyone who is looking for a top quality model that does what you would expect. While connectivity could be improved and it’s a bit limited in terms of features, it’s more than good enough for day-to-day cleaning assistance.